Carpet collects dust particles and dirt from shoes, air, and dogs, yet because of its nice and comfortable feel underfoot, we invest a lot of time and effort to maintain and keep it tidy and clean.
Here are some significant key considerations for keeping your carpet clean, which are stated below:
*Periodic vacuuming and intensive cleaning every month can extend the life of wall-to-wall carpets and area rugs.
*Whether you have wall to wall carpet or an area rug, you must vacuum once a week.
* clean Spills and stains as early and quickly as possible.
* Professional carpet cleaning or deeper cleaning should be done twice a week.
Ways to do routine cleaning of your carpet:
- Dust particles and debris make your carpet look dull, untidy cause odor, and sabotage your carpet backing and fibers.
- To preserve its appearance, you should clean your carpet using the techniques described below:
- Powerful suction Vacuuming is the best technique to clean carpet. If you don’t have a vacuum, you may clean it using an old-fashioned broom or by brushing the carpet.
- Along with vacuuming, sprinkle baking soda over your carpet to give it a fresh and bright appearance. Let it sit for an hour to absorb oil stains and odors, then vacuum it off.
- For spot cleaning- If, a spill occurs on your carpet, blot it up with a towel or soft cloth as much as possible until no trace of it remains
- Always blot the liquid spill. Do not rub or scrub the spill. Rubbing or scrubbing the spill will cause it to spread deeper into the carpet fibers.
- For removing stain combine half a teaspoon of vinegar with 32 ounces of water and apply it to the stain.
- If wax appears to have been attached to the fibers of your carpet, simply push it with a hot iron.
- We all know that Oil stains are more obstinate than soda and difficult to remove. As every problem comes with a solution the way this problem has a solution, all you need to do is:
- Add one quart of water, followed by one-fourth of the dishwashing liquid, and well mix.
- Now, carefully apply it to the stain with a sponge and wipe it until the stain is gone. Another method for eliminating oil is to mix 1 teaspoon of distilled vinegar and dish soap in a basin, then add 2 cups of warm water.
METHODS OF DEEP CLEANING:
- Deep cleaning is required to restore the buoyancy of fibers. It necessitates the use of both detergents and steam.
- If you do not want to employ a professional for a thorough cleaning, you may do it yourself by using a little amount of liquid carpet shampoo or a dry shampoo solution.
- You can clean an area rug or a wall-to-wall carpet with a simple chemical combination. Mix vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray it on the carpet for deep cleaning.
- To keep your carpet clean you can use a doormat outside the entrance to trap dirt, don’t walk with shoes on the carpet, and if you have kids and pets at home stop them from making a mess on the carpet.