Cockroaches can be annoying, but they’re also an essential part of nature. They help support the earth by adding fertilizer to our gardens and are a great predator to control other pests such as mice and bugs.
The best way to prevent these pesky crawling insects is through prevention. By creating an environment that’s unwelcoming to them, you can keep them at bay. It’s essential to eliminate any cracks or holes where they might hide and clean up any spills or crumbs to reduce the amount of food they would have.
What are Cockroaches?
As many people already know, cockroaches are insects found on every continent except Antarctica. They can grow up to 4 inches long and live anywhere from 1 to 3 years. They have a flat body and long legs, giving them the ability to scurry very quickly in order to get away from predators.
The following are the best and most effective ways of catching cockroaches:
- Try making a duct tape trap. The images below show some effective household traps you can make without using a single penny. With this homemade trap, you don’t have to worry about the dead bait laying around because they will be incorporated into your duct tape.
- Geyser cockroach spray. This is one of the most popular and effective ways of getting rid of roaches if you’re stubborn enough to kill them yourself with it. You can easily find this product in most pet stores and supermarkets with a price tag ranging from $5-$10 per bottle or just under $1 for about a week’s supply.
- Commercial baits can also help eliminate cockroaches from your home, such as commercial roach bait. One brand is “Power Pack,” designed for fast-acting results and kills cockroaches quickly with a powerful insecticide that directly attacks their nervous system.
- Apex cockroach gel bait. The gel formula of the bait provides its efficacy and ensures that the cockroaches won’t be able to scatter its content. This makes it a very convenient and effective way of getting rid of roaches in your home.
- Cockroach bait. Most people prefer using cockroach baits over sprays because it is easier to apply and comes with fewer risks. It is an effective roach bait that helps eliminate any stray insects in your home, which does not require you to be in contact with the roaches directly, unlike sprays that you have to spray on them directly. It is also cost-effective and easier to apply because it comes in small containers you can place throughout your house and wait for it to work. Below are some practical roach bait recipes you can use at home
After reading this article, you should better understand the best ways of catching and killing cockroaches. You can use the information above to create an effective bait that will help you and your family eliminate cockroaches. They are among the most common household pests and can be pretty frustrating, so you might want to try some of these suggestions to become a cockroach hunter and exterminator.